Physical Problems.

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
rangercamaro
Ranger

Re: Physical Problems.

Post by rangercamaro »

engineer205 wrote:

I want to go Ranger but my question is with all the intensity, lack of food and sleep, etc. do I stand a chance?
Lets try........ About Ranger School :shock: Damn that was hard!!!

NO, you won't stand a chance if thats the best your attention to detail gets!!!!
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Having to take medication for depression is a no-go. You will not be accepted. The stress that is put on students throughout RIP then when they graduate and head of to a Ranger Batt, then attending Ranger school requires top physical and mental health. Your mental condition is detrimental to mission success.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Feuerfaust
Embryo

Post by Feuerfaust »

I have a similar query to that of the original poster's. I'll post it here considering the topic is similar to the topic of this thread.

If an applicant took medication for depression during High Schooll, but is off the medication at the point of enlistment, will the prior depression for which medication was taken be a disqualifier for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment?

P.S. I am headed to the introduction forum as this post is being processed.
Lugnuttz
Ranger

Post by Lugnuttz »

h8train1/75 wrote:Having to take medication for depression is a no-go. You will not be accepted. The stress that is put on students throughout RIP then when they graduate and head of to a Ranger Batt, then attending Ranger school requires top physical and mental health. Your mental condition is detrimental to mission success.
This is totally true. I had a private who was a manic depressant and he caused nothing but problems when he became severly depressed. He has since been chaptered out of the military. If you have mental issues in ranger battalion you WILL be a liability, and not an asset. People will not have sympathy for you due to the intense pace of the unit and the operational tempo right now. We need people who can adapt to the stess very quickly and who'll become leaders down the line. It's probably best if you maintain good mental health rather than complicating it with a hard duty assignment like this one.
HHC 3/75 BN Commo 01-04
RGR Class 03-03
Feuerfaust
Embryo

Post by Feuerfaust »

Roger, Ranger Desert Sloth.
Last edited by Feuerfaust on May 3rd, 2004, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “About RASP”