Airborne Sitrep

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
ateup25
US Army

Airborne Sitrep

Post by ateup25 »

Well Rangers I have finished up Ground Week here at Airborne school. I am a little beat up from doing PLFs all week but overall this school is the easiest thing I've ever done. Today I listened to some guys I went through OSUT with talking about how they want to drop RIP because it is "a bullshit course that doesn't even make you a Ranger". I've discovered that I am deathly afraid of hights also but I'm sure I can overcome that. Well that's it for now I will update later.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Airborne Sitrep

Post by AbnRgr289 »

ateup25 wrote:Well Rangers I have finished up Ground Week here at Airborne school. I am a little beat up from doing PLFs all week but overall this school is the easiest thing I've ever done. Today I listened to some guys I went through OSUT with talking about how they want to drop RIP because it is "a bullshit course that doesn't even make you a Ranger". I've discovered that I am deathly afraid of hights also but I'm sure I can overcome that. Well that's it for now I will update later.
And they must be the worlds leading authority on what it takes and what it means to be a Ranger! Fuck them, they know nothing at all about what makes a Ranger. Steer clear of them, they will only bring you down. Besides that, it sounds like you are doing fine.

Always remember............."feet and knees together!"
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

ateup25 wrote:Well Rangers I have finished up Ground Week here at Airborne school. I am a little beat up from doing PLFs all week but overall this school is the easiest thing I've ever done. Today I listened to some guys I went through OSUT with talking about how they want to drop RIP because it is "a bullshit course that doesn't even make you a Ranger". I've discovered that I am deathly afraid of hights also but I'm sure I can overcome that. Well that's it for now I will update later.
Yeah, it's just a dumb course. :roll: Whatever. Stay away from slugs like that. They only bleed their negativity on you. They have already shown their lack of balls. Show that you still have a pair and complete the mission. You're doing fine, Trooper....keep it up.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Keep up the good work word. Stay away from the nay sayers, quitters love company.

Sometimes in order to complete your mission you need to stand on your own.

Go to the 75th Ranger Regiment association web site and look at list of men that were KIT and KIA. Being a Ranger doesn't have a whole lot to do with having a tab. I challenge any of those "family day joes" to tell me that all the Rangers that were killed in the line of duty who didn't have tabs were any less than some suck bag 2LT who just graduated from Ranger school.

In fact I would argue that Gret Belleti and Nathan Stahl and a whole bunch of other names that I regretfully don't remember were true Rangers in every sense, more so than some school house Ranger, because they lived the creed and gave all doing it.

So when some clown who has never walked the walk starts telling you how things in the Regiment are, you tell him to shut his suck, tune him out and drive on to your Ranger objective.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Never allow someone else to make important decisions that you control. Service in the 75th Ranger Regiment is a rare opportunity. Don't waste it! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

All damn good advice. Drive on young man!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
ateup25
US Army

Post by ateup25 »

Well Rangers I will not be graduating Airborne school with Chalie company because I get sent home on leave due to the fact that my wife gave birth to my first soon a 9.9lb baby boy. I go back Febuary 6th and will be placed into tower. While I'm home I'll keep up my PT and stay focused on the OBJ.
Bobcat
Embryo

Post by Bobcat »

The guys you went to OSUT with remind me of a guy I went to Selection with. He and one of my buddy's discussed how terrible it was and my buddy told him "I'll quit if you do." Guess what? That guy quit, my buddy didn't. After selection when we were all celebrating we ran into that guy and all he had to say was "Oh gee, look at all the 'I got selected cool guys.'" Never let other fuckheads determine what you do. Congrats on having a child and stay focused!
Last edited by Bobcat on January 29th, 2007, 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Try this... when you are in the SUCK... and you think it could never suck any more than it is... look around you. All the Muldoons around you are JUST as fuckin' miserable as you are. When you see some assbag that appears to be sucking harder than you are... walk over to him... look him in the eye... get really close to him, and suck in a DEEEEEEEEP breath through your nose... Looking him in the eye the entire time. When you can't breathe in any more... get a fucking "I AM SATAN'S SPAWN" look in your eyes... and just walk away from him.

He will invariably ask you what you are doing... Just look and laugh... and say getting power from your fuckin' misery... and take strength from that. As the other Ranger's advise you... steer clear from those asshats. Keep looking forward... not behind... and NEVER FUCKING QUIT!!!!

Good luck, and welcome to the suck!! If ONLY it could suck MORE!!! :wink:

Feet and Knees together!!!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Letters from School”