Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

QuietResolve
Embryo

Introduction

Post by QuietResolve »

Hello. My name is Adam. I am a 22 year old high school graduate with minimal college experience, working as a network monitor at a web hosting datacenter.

I have not yet enlisted, but thanks to recent events and decisions in my life, I plan to do so at a later date this year. I would love to do so sooner, but unfortunately there are many personal matters that I must address first. It is my desire to push the limits of who I am and shatter the preconceived notions of what I am capable of. Because of this desire, I have decided upon an 11x option 40 enlistment contract.

I know I have much work ahead of me. I know it will not be easy, but if I wanted easy, I'd simply stay at my current job. I've started running and exercising, which is close to torture after living a very sedentary lifestyle for the last year. And yet, even when my body is so close to giving up, my mind is always fixed on my goal. "To become someone greater than I am, so that I may serve a purpose greater than I am."

I want to give thanks to the many Rangers that have contributed to the wealth of information here. You generosity has made the goal of becoming a Ranger that much more attainable for those such as myself, and without your sacrifices I would not have such a path to take in my life.

- A.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Welcome to the Site!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome. Thank you for your desire to be an Army Ranger.

How are your times on pushups, situps & the two mile run?
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your interest in becomng and Army Ranger. Best of luck to you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Nice intro. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
QuietResolve
Embryo

Post by QuietResolve »

Ranger RTO: I've not scored myself on any of those three events as of yet. Though if I were made to guess, I would definitely say deplorable, at best. I just started with major physical activity in the past couple weeks, since I made my New Year resolution. As I briefly mentioned in my introduction, I've been very inactive in the last year and so I definitely have my work cut out for me.

In regards to my activity, I've been following a pyramid scheme that a friend suggested to me (such as doing one pushup, rest, do two pushups, rest, etc, till you feel you can do no more, then count down the same way you counted up), and I've come to this point so far:

Pushups - up to 6 following the pyramid, about 20 straight through
Situps - up to 5 following the pyramid, about 15 straight through

For running, I've simply laced up my shoes and run/walk/drag myself once around the perimeter of the college campus I live next to. It takes me about 30 minutes.

I know... These numbers have to sound horrible to you, right? Or would horrible be an understatement. :? It would be a lie for me to say I'm not jealous of many of the younger forum members who are far, far better shape than I.

Regardless, I am exercising and improving. I focus on this and it keeps me motivated.

-A
QuietResolve
Embryo

Post by QuietResolve »

Also, a bit of information I seem to have forgot. I am 6' tall and 170 lbs, for those that would inquire.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

There are some very good PT threads with standards that will be expected of you and how to improve. I would suggest finding a training partner to run with and grade push up/ sit up scores.

I would reccomend you need to be doing at least 60-70 pushups (2 minutes) and 70-80 situps (2 minutes) and run two miles in under 13 minutes before you leave for Basic/OSUT as a guideline.
QuietResolve
Embryo

Post by QuietResolve »

Thank you very much for your advice. It is well received.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

QuietResolve wrote:Thank you very much Ranger RTO for your advice. It is well received.
Re-read the FAQ's and proper addressing of Rangers.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
QuietResolve
Embryo

Post by QuietResolve »

Duly noted, Ranger Steadfast. I apologize for my misstep.

Please allow me to thank you again, Ranger RTO, for your help.

Return to “Introduction Archive”