SitRep from RIP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

We'll have to get Ranger Disinfertention to form a group welcome for you! :twisted:

Congratulations......just don't fuck it up!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
spanky
Ranger

Post by spanky »

Good job. Keep driving on.
RGR Class 8-78
A Team FIST, HHC, 1/75 80-82 Hunter AAF

An Armed Society is a Polite Society
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

K.Ingraham wrote:DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BEING A SHORT TIMER!!
You can go WW right up to & beyond graduation(
X2

Congratulations. You have just made it through the easy part. It only gets tougher form here. you'll look back and wish for the days of Cole Range at some point. Believe me when I say that you'll have days so fucking cool you can't believe that you are getting paid to do your job. The Regiment is a place of extremes; You'll never experience so much fun or ultimate suck anywhere else. Just keep your nose clean, do what your NCO's tell you, and use good judgement. Your time will go quicker than you realize. The Beret is easy to earn, but tough to keep. If you are there for more than two years, you are an old timer!..

Again, congrats!
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Barnett
Ranger

Post by Barnett »

Thanks Rangers, I know we will both do our best we cant wait to get to Batt. Im glad we got 3rd batt.
RIP Class 02-07
JAN 2007 - 3rd Ranger BN

Mentored by Ranger bmf175.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Barnett wrote:Thanks Rangers, I know we will both do our best we cant wait to get to Batt. Im glad we got 3rd batt.
Yeah, that's too bad - you could've gone to a battalion where they have terrain features to train on :twisted: , but, you take what you get and the Flagpole Sitters are better than no tan beret at all.

Seriously, I hope congrats on your achievement aren't premature.
Good job you two & stay in touch with us FOGs even when you're out 'having fun' with your comrades. Maybe we'll get to put faces to the handles come RR'07.
Hoyah and all that!

PS: Barnett, you're the first DEP I've had a chance to follow all the way from being a low life civilian (yeah I know - that's repetitive) to Regiment. That's cool from this end, kind of like living vicariously through your achievements, like those beauty pageant mothers :lol:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Edited for timeline.
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Barnett wrote: Anyway Malarkey is in my room right now and we are just relaxing enjoying that we have the night to ourselves. Glad to be getting closer........
WTFFF???? :shock:

DAMN.... Ah... Congrats on 3rd Batt....

All kidding aside, Great job, stay motivated and continue to study like a mother fucker. OH... and dont go getting stupid downtown you dont need to get RFS'd over a drink and stupidity, call a fucken cab.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

Barnett wrote:Thanks Rangers, I know we will both do our best we cant wait to get to Batt. Im glad we got 3rd batt.
You're glad to go to 3rd Batt? I dont think I have ever heard that before. Nobody in my class went to 3rd Batt. Maybe 2
Well Congrats young Ranger Buddy you made it. Now you only have to impress your first team leader and squad leader, from there you will be good and on your way to Ranger School.
Dont show up without a Ranger coin, Pen paper, ranger blue book (if it is still used), dog tags in your pockets, and a very nice duty uniform to avoid any unwanted attention. SHINE THOSE BOOTS!!!
The first week there should be spent getting all your shit straight with the RSOP.
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder

Return to “Letters from School”