SitRep from RIP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Barnett
Ranger

SitRep from RIP

Post by Barnett »

Just a quick SitRep here from RIP. We are in Range week (week 3), all critical objectives have been completed (to my knowledge.) Our class started at 121 and is now at 61. Cole Range was a kick in the nuts for sure, cold wet hungry, tired with no sleep. But I was unbelievably relieved when it was over. The first week wasnt bad for our class really, we got unbeliviebly lucky with the timing, and only had a 3 day first week thanks to Thanksgiving. I think most of the ArmyRanger.com DEP's are doing well. I talk to malarkey all the time hes in my plt. We lost one from ar today I think in archangel. Other then that we are all still driving on.

They took our hat sizes today to order berets, that was extremely motivational. It is hard to believe in just 7 training days we will have our berets. I cannot wait, DEP's here on ArmyRanger.com, its a long haul and I know it seems like a very long way away. But it comes faster than you know it once your in training. Keep working and ive said it before but ill say it again. Use this site and listen to the Ranger's they know what their talking about and this site is a huge source of knowledge that will directly help you in RIP on critical events, IE the History Test and Standards Test. So if your serious do what these Rangers tell you, get a mentor and start preparing your time will come.
RIP Class 02-07
JAN 2007 - 3rd Ranger BN

Mentored by Ranger bmf175.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Barnett

Post by Steadfast »

Good sitrep Barnett. Drive on to the objective.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Fantastic, Barnett! You're close to the end of your first big OBJ. Hang tough, and get the job done. Glad to hear that our other DEPs are doing well. Let us know for sure about Archangel when you find out (you said you thought you lost him today). I think you're gonna make a fine Ranger.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Yup.. Good sitrep, it would have been better with some nice pictures of some Auburn girls neked thought....Slacker

Keep it up.... oh and don’t forget to head to Savannah.. 1st is where its at :lol: 8)
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Thanks for the update. You are doing nothing less than what we expect. Drive on, you can do it.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BEING A SHORT TIMER!!
You can go WW right up to & beyond graduation Barnett.
Focus on what you need to do & don't go counting the days, that causes you to slack off & makes your mind (and spirit) wander.
Remember the 172d Brigade? They thought their year in Iraq was over - even the ones who returned to Alaska had to go back for 2-4 more months.
Our own Regimental forbears, "Merrill's Marauders" - how many times were they told "just one more obj"?

Otherwise, sounds like you're doing good. If you're liking these challenges now, you're going to love battalion.

That'd be too bad about Archangel, I was pulling for him, I hope it's some 'other' archangel. :(
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Barnett
Ranger

Post by Barnett »

Yeah it was for sure archangel that we lost, disrespect to an NCO after he was caught sleeping in class. Anyway Malarkey is in my room right now and we are just relaxing enjoying that we have the night to ourselves. Glad to be getting closer to the obj. Ranger K. Ingraham, I dont plan on fucking up and I know that graduating RIP is just the first step after that, convincing my squad leader I am squared away so I can get to Ranger School.
RIP Class 02-07
JAN 2007 - 3rd Ranger BN

Mentored by Ranger bmf175.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

I know you're not going to fuck up per se, I just don't want you to go getting caught short for a moments inattention, or have a career fatal moment or momentary morale plummet, that sort of stuff.

Your head is on right - I'm glad to say I "knew you when".

WTFlyingF Archangel! Falling asleep is one thing, but dissing an NCO, well, that required an overt act of judgment. "you tie it / you ride it".
Pissing it away like that after all he did to get to RIP. An 18 yr old Opt 40 doing something dumb is one thing, Arkangel freaking knew better.
Shit, we expected much better from him.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

K.Ingraham wrote:WTFlyingF Archangel! Falling asleep is one thing, but dissing an NCO, well, that required an overt act of judgment. "you tie it / you ride it".
Pissing it away like that after all he did to get to RIP. An 18 yr old Opt 40 doing something dumb is one thing, Arkangel freaking knew better.
Shit, we expected much better from him.
My 1st thought readin what happened to Archangel was, you gotta be lookin for an excuse to quit doin something stupid like dis-respecting anyone from the RIP Cadre (especially after getting caught SLEEPING!?!... which we all know is the ultimate no no. Seems to me when he reaches whatever unit he PCS's after being put on worldwide deployment, he'll go on and use that for an excuse as to why he didn't make it.

I know this damn much if a RIP instructor tells you to wake the fuck up and assume the dying cockroach position with a couple of bricks in each hand, or elevate or whatever they tell you to do, you sure as hell better do it and you do it lighting fast. You don't and you're done son, tag'em and bag'em.

He had to know what the outcome would be. Just goes to show you, you never can tell fully who'll make it and who won't.

Barnett you keep up the good work, we're all pulling for you and hope you make it. Good luck stud.
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Good job so far bud. Drive on, be at the proper place on time, in the proper uniform, shut up, do what you're told and don't quit....it really is just that easy. :)
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Good Luck! Drive on.........
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Keep drivin and keep your eye on the prize!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Good job so far. Never quit and drive on.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Barnett and I got our orders to 3d Batt. today, for anyone who's wondering. I can't wait, and I'm motivated as ever to go to batt and be the best private I can, I'm pretty sure Barnett feels the same way.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good news Malarkey. Both 3rd Batt, Very good news. a few more days huh.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”