My Introduction.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Mule
Tadpole

Post by Mule »

Chicken Wing wrote:Yes I am a guy...and I do eat fucken food, lots of it too...I was just saying I probaly couldn't join because I probaly wouldn't pass the physical to get in the Army... I am in great physical condition, I done my own self-PT test with my dad supervising and scored a 300. 9:51 2 mile, 86 pushups, and 91 situps, all those should be 100's..to equal 300 in all.
Welcome aboard. You mean 1 mile in 9:51 and 2 miles in 19:02 right? That's like olympic calibur running if you got under a 5 minute mile. I think your score would be lower than too. 19 minutes still good for the 2 mile though.
Cat

Re: My Introduction.

Post by Cat »

Chicken Wing wrote:I'm 17 years old...I live in Oklahoma and am a Junior in High School...I would like to be a Ranger or Special Forces but I don't think I can... I'm 5'7" 105 pounds..and have slight curvature of the spine.. I just hope to get in...
LOL I was almost 5'7" and 114 when I joined. I received counseling statements for being underweight. From my experience being underweight was almost as bad as being overweight in the Army. I have no idea what it is like to go through the Ranger pipeline in the Army, but from my experience being underweight will draw attention to yourself - creating a hassle you don’t need. My two cents would be to try and gain weight now and not later. Good Luck.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Welcome to the site, Skin-n-bones.

Use it well.

RLTW
RSD 96-99
CrashKILL
Ranger

Post by CrashKILL »

Steadfast wrote:
RGR Luna wrote:
BlackHawkDown a.k.a. Chicken Wing wrote:I'm 17 years old...I live in Oklahoma and am a Junior in High School...I would like to be a Ranger or Special Forces but I don't think I can... I'm 5'7" 105 pounds..and have slight curvature of the spine.. I just hope to get in...
5'7" 105? If you are a guy, you need to eat some fucking food. :shock:

Hey CW. It don't matter your weight or height are as you are still growing. What matters is your attutude - when you say I don't think I can - this negativism will be the death of your future career every time. Any Spec Forces or Ranger thinks positive - Failure is not a option nor is quitting in their vocabulary. Just the way you are thinking tells me - You can forget about it! Change your attitude youngman. Be positive - Don't tell anyone about your physical problem. Tell everyone you are fine. You are in great physical shape. You tell everybody either the Rangers or Spec Forces will be lucky to get you when you are old enough to join. period :evil:

Note to Chicken Wing - do not call me Sir. address me as Ranger Steadfast.

Don't listen to this guy. Before every nasty mission, I'd think to myself...."This is gonna fuckin' SUCK."

Then, I'd look over at some new guy shaking in his boots and think, "But it's gonna suck worse for him. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!1111!!777!!!!!!"
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

2/75 99-03
Class 8-00
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

9.51 on two miles is great...that's about what I run a quarter mile in now. 8)
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
idonov
Ranger

Post by idonov »

Chicken Wing wrote: I'm 5'7" 105 pounds
dear lord....
3/75 2004 - 2007
Recently decided to unpamper my princess-self and join 20th SFG.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i was gonna say wieght and lots of carb packed foods. like bananas or ice cream, and plenty of it. along with a few weight gain supplements. you don't want to be any heavier than about 140, though.

welcome.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Chicken Wing wrote:About 30 minutes east of Lawton, between Marlow and Duncan..
One of my mentors in BN was from Lawton, OK. BTW, those are pretty good APFT scores. However, they only test what you can do against your own body weight (or lack there of)! I hope that a rucksack doesn't snap your spine in two!! :twisted: Good luck, and welcome....maybe. :x
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

idonov wrote:
Chicken Wing wrote: I'm 5'7" 105 pounds
dear lord....
My ruck was 110lbs..........dry.
RSD 96-99
chu
Embryo

Post by chu »

An advice for CW. If you do try to gain weight, gain strengh, don't do what I did. I'm 5'7, my weight was 150lbs, in 1 month at the gym I went up to 175lbs ( still 175-180 right now ) and din't do my push ups and running. Now when I do pushups it is MUCH MORE harder than before and my max went about 15-10 less. About running, I never liked to run, but man do I get tired...

About gaining weight, for me it is really easy and I enjoy it. Eat 4-6 times a day. Take in a LOT of protein, you weight 107 ( lets make it 110 ) then you should take in about 220g of protein daily. Along with that take a lot of calories and carbs. You should also get creatine, protein shakes and maybe a weight gainer ( I gained 5lbs using a weight gainer in 1 week ). And very important, hit the gym with a nice routine.

If you want more info this is a really good website: http://www.bodybuilding.com

Hope this helps

-JG
Jesus Gonzalez
DEP 11X
April 27th
The one that it kills by sword by sword dies.

Return to “Introduction Archive”