SitRep Barnett

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Barnett
Ranger

SitRep Barnett

Post by Barnett »

Well I got to my new company and started training again. We are in week 10 and I am on 36 hour pass. We have convoy live fire and FTX and we are done. We did a road march the other day, im not going to lie I was a bit worried about it not having seriously tested my legs since I came back. Not only was the march alot easier then expected and my legs held up outstandingly, but I ended up carrying 2 rucks when another private was falling out I grabbed his so he wouldnt fall out.

My new company is very disorganized. My plt only has one DS and we have been through 6 temporary ones since I got there. The PT is good only because we have a good 1st sarge. I scored over 300 my first PT test back 12:41 2 mile 78 pushups 82 situps. So PT is not a problem.

Very glad im back in the game and driving on to my objective, the tan beret. Graduation is Oct 20 and airborne should start 23rd. Im hoping im not in holdover to long because of my restart but if I am so be it ive overcome everything thrown at me so far a little waiting wont hurt.

Also not that this means shit but I won GFT for the company and my DS was asking me if I would be intrested in speaking to a h2h combat instructor liason. I told him I would talk to him but I wasnt changing anything in my contract about the opt40 but would accept an addition to it if I could get a h2h lvl 1 school.

Thats about it for now. Driving on, Staying strong and healthy this time.
RIP Class 02-07
JAN 2007 - 3rd Ranger BN

Mentored by Ranger bmf175.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

If you ever use the word "Sarge" again I will fucking explode!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Keep overcoming the obstacles and reach that OBJ. Thanks for the report.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

If you ever use the word "Sarge" again I will fucking explode!
x2

There might me reasons unknown to you about why your company appears "disorganized", especially if you're rolling through temporary Drill Sergeants.

Just reading this post, my conclusion is that you're re-entering training with a new unit. My advice on that is to STFU about how your old unit did things, how they were, what a stud your previous DSs were, etc. No one wants to hear that shit. Honestly, if they're not totally organized - they know it, and they're fixing it. Since you state you have a good First Sergeant, I'll bet my paycheck he's on the MF.

Oh yeah - good luck.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Barnett
Ranger

Post by Barnett »

Just a follow up to this SitRep. We are in week 12 and about to go to FTX on Wed. Everything is going good last PT test was a 296 and we have another on Monday which I will max. There is no airborne hold to my knowledge right now so hopefully I will go right on to airborne and continue training.

I ran into Eurobrat at the PX not to long ago and found a battle in my new plt who is dedicated and 330s on his PT so hopefully we can stay together through airborne and RIP. Continuing to drive on and fight to the objective.

Sorry for the sarge comment forgot who I was addressing will not happen again Rangers.
RIP Class 02-07
JAN 2007 - 3rd Ranger BN

Mentored by Ranger bmf175.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Silverback wrote:If you ever use the word "Sarge" again I will fucking explode!

Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, Sarge.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Silverback wrote:If you ever use the word "Sarge" again I will fucking explode!
How about "1 Supa Gangsta"? :lol:

Just kidding First Sergeant!
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “Letters from School”