Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin is dead

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Newsflash:

An NBC affiliate newsvan from Eureka was down on the Anchor Way Jetty this morning with four divers. Gee, I wonder what they were looking for. :roll:
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

hobbit wrote:Newsflash:

An NBC affiliate newsvan from Eureka was down on the Anchor Way Jetty this morning with four divers. Gee, I wonder what they were looking for. :roll:
They must be giving tours of the 'Steve Irwin Experience'
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Ranger Luna wrote:
hobbit wrote:Newsflash:

They must be giving tours of the 'Steve Irwin Experience'
No, I don't think so. They were obviously looking for a DEATH DEALING GREAT GRAY CREATURE FROM THE DEEP to film for the 6:00 PM "Action News".
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

This guy has done some stupid stuff before, but I'm wondering:

just WTF do you have to do to get impaled through the chest by a stingray? :shock: :?
haz-mat
Ranger

Post by haz-mat »

Hell, after watching that guy, I'm surprised it took this long for something to get him! I mean there's a fine line between brave and stupid, and he seemed to cross it pretty often.
"Here dead lie we, because we did not choose
To live and shame the land from which we sprung..." --A. E. Housman

3/75 92-95; Charlie Rock
Ranger school class 9-93
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

Really sad story. Steve leaves behind a 8 year old daugther and 2/3 year old son. I keep remembering all the interviews he did with his daugther and how she was just like him. She was a little Steve Jr.

Looks like he was swimming directly over the Stingray...he took one risk too many..
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Our entire family was really saddened to hear about Steve's death. His show was one of the FEW that we could all watch together, and know that there wouldn't be anything lude or crude relayed to the audience. His enthusiasm won many animal lovers and families over, his risk taking won many dare devils over...

I will be praying for his wife and children. This is tragic news. :(
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

He did a nice show one time at the Forida Ranger camp, and spoke highly of Rangers throught that episode.

He spent the show going onto objectives with a couple of RI's and getting snakes out of the bunkers before the students got there for their mission.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Let's face it, he possessed a magic combination of showmanship, guts, and dazzle like no one who'd ever come before him, that infected half the world into caring about our environment and the critters that depend on it. It'll be a long time before anyone like him comes along again.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

hobbit wrote:Let's face it, he possessed a magic combination of showmanship, guts, and dazzle like no one who'd ever come before him, that infected half the world into caring about our environment and the critters that depend on it. It'll be a long time before anyone like him comes along again.
I agree. Ive watched all of the other guys, that have come after him, and Steve takes the cake!! Hands down.

The Austrailian PM made a statement about Steve. 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Earlier today, one of the cable news channels mentioned this is only the second stingray death in Aussie history.

Fucked up way to go.

He definitely pushed the envelope, but that was his thing.

Remember that grizzly dude that got chowed on by the bears a few years back?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Wade wrote: Don't call a man stupid because he's following his true passion.
I don't call him stupid for following his true passion. I do call him stupid for dangling his son over a hungry and unpredictable crocodile as a publicity stunt.

One thing about it, unless that boy grows up to be a complete dork, he's gunna get a lot of pussy when he's in high school 8)
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

RangerX wrote:Remember that grizzly dude that got chowed on by the bears a few years back?
Yep. I've got the movie and the book. He's another who got carried away thinking he was omnipotent in nature....and ended up a pile of bear poop. :twisted:
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

RTO wrote:
Wade wrote: Don't call a man stupid because he's following his true passion.
I don't call him stupid for following his true passion. I do call him stupid for dangling his son over a hungry and unpredictable crocodile as a publicity stunt.
Yeah, neither of us had even heard of that, never mind seen it, until this evening. I probably wouldn't have been a fan, had I seen that earlier on in his career. Not a cool thing to do.
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."

Return to “The Mosh Pit”