Medical Waiver DQ's Airborne?

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Razgriz
Paratrooper

Medical Waiver DQ's Airborne?

Post by Razgriz »

sorry to bother you Rangers and Gentlemen, but I just got a call from my recruiter today saying I couldn't get airborne because I had to get a waiver for eczema(which is very mild btw). Is there anyway around this? He says at the last few weeks of basic, special forces such as the rangers look for volunteers, is this my only chance? I apologize if this has been answered, I searched for about 20 minutes and couldn't find the answer. Thanks in advance.
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

As a former Army Recruiter, your recruiter is being dishonest...Is he Ranger or Airborne qualified? I bet not. Your medical waiver does not pertain to joints, bones or major muscle injuries to include major organ abnormalities. You are qualified to basically anything you want to enlist for depending on your ASVAB and Medical PUHLES and I bet it says 111111. You will not get an oppurtunity to volunteer for Airborne/Ranger during Basic. I would use the search button, because this wquestion and many like it has been answered by me and other former recruiters on this site. If you still can't find the answer and I'll point you in the right direction.
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
Razgriz
Paratrooper

Post by Razgriz »

I apologize Ranger Scuba Wino, it won't happen again.
Razgriz
Paratrooper

Post by Razgriz »

I apologize Ranger wellfed, I can't seem to find any topics directly relating to the matter, I would appreciate it very much if you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

SEARCH BUTTON
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Razgriz wrote:I apologize Ranger wellfed, I can't seem to find any topics directly relating to the matter, I would appreciate it very much if you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction.
<in my best Mr. Rogers voice>
Look over a previous post made by you and put the word "eczema" in SEARCH, can you do that?

That is what all Rangers above have already stated to you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Medical Issues”