Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

spanky wrote:Welcome, Ranger. Always nice to see another FIST guy.
Thanks, and likewise. If one could handle humping, jumping, and roping all that weight, it really was a great job. The platoons really took care of us, once we squared ourselves away, because everybody appreciated the capabilities of those AC-130's/AH-6's (and nobody else wanted to carry the weight of all those radios and batteries!).
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Welcome Ranger
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Slowpoke wrote:Welcome youngster.

Where you at in Orygun?
Hey, I thought you were making fun of us with that outsider's drawl until I saw your location!

We've actually been down in SoCal for about two years now. I began my ministry studies up in Oregon, where we also adopted the kids, and then transferred to a better seminary down here. You know, there's "leg" seminaries out there as well, and after being in the service I just couldn't handle incompetence in academics and theology when I was forking over 10,000 per year. Christ calls His minsters to excellence in proclaiming the Gospel and equipping the saints no less than soldiers in Batt are called to excellence in their various tasks, and so we had to go where the training was the better.

My wife grew up in Brookings, OR where I met her and spent 6yrs. of my life before enlisting. After ETSing we returned to Portland, OR for five years while I attended PSU, and then we moved out to the country SE of Gresham to a little farm house near the town of Boring, OR (ever heard of that one?). That was a beautiful place, we had grape vines, fruit trees, a field with a barn, and target range, dogs, cattle, long country roads for runs, etc. And now we're down here with the smog, the congested traffic, the ubiquitous illegal immigrants... Lord willing, my kids will see better days; we certainly would love to go back.
3/75 '93-'95
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the Site fellow FISTer! :)

Check your PM's please.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

Welcome Ranger
Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
(Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144:1
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Welcome Ranger/Preacher.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome, Ranger.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

JohnDowland wrote: Thanks, and likewise. If one could handle humping, jumping, and roping all that weight, it really was a great job. The platoons really took care of us, once we squared ourselves away, because everybody appreciated the capabilities of those AC-130's/AH-6's (and nobody else wanted to carry the weight of all those radios and batteries!).
Hey Padre,

I for one refuse to issue a welcome until you recognize the absence among the boldened words above of the most reliable and organic fire support platform at the disposal of forward observers......

nobody loves the mortars..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Sorry, j.rico, didn't mean to rub salt into the perpetual wound of mortardom!

Speaking of humping weight, those base plates didn't look very light either (although I did enough packing of your mortar rounds along with my radios to mitigate any sympathy that would otherwise be forthcoming). :wink:
3/75 '93-'95
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome to the site.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

JohnDowland wrote:Sorry, j.rico, didn't mean to rub salt into the perpetual wound of mortardom!

Speaking of humping weight, those base plates didn't look very light either (although I did enough packing of your mortar rounds along with my radios to mitigate any sympathy that would otherwise be forthcoming). :wink:
Right on Padre! Welcome to the sight. I'm trying to remember if a FO ever carried my rounds :?

Dammit!! Those guys ducked me :evil:

It's alright, we always get back at them:

"Sorry B56, that target is out of our range fan, and in the future, send direction in mils please."

"Oh, and while you're at it, please go back and re-train on how to properly send a quick smoke mission before calling me again." :wink: :D
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace

Return to “Introduction Archive”