Intro A-2 1/75 99-05

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Ranger Bill,

How does that answer my question? Did I even ask you a question? Maybe you should read what I wrote before you respond. I'm not insulting you, or anyone else. I said if someone wants to talk shit on my intro, I would appreciate it if they knew where I am coming from. Chances are, if someone has a lot of experience and doesn't refer to ArmyRanger.com, as a means to act hard, they probly will have constructive responses and not a bunch of babbling crap that is an attempt to insult me.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00
Getting hosed down by the local Police.

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Creeping Death,

There is absolutly nothing wrong with being a Sniper, I was just using the fact that I went to SOTIC, but denied the position in snp plt, because it wasn't in the best interest of my boys. I didn't like who would be replacing me, so I made sure they were taken care of. If I did take the position, I wouldn't consider it a bad idea, just not in the best interests of my plt.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

reedycsu wrote:Ranger Bill,

Your right I don't have the greatest argument to defend however, the rate of death does not make you a pogue or non-pogue. That would mean all non-combat Rangers are pogue's because "man for man" no one died while they were in. There is a hell of alot of fuel truck drivers dieing over seas, does that make them hi-speed.

That is what is crazy, there are women on the front lines now, finance people on the front lines, you name it, becuase there is no front line when you are fighting an insurgency. The front line could be at you local 7-11. So I was wrong for calling quartermaster a pogue branch, maybe it was just instinct I guess. If you asked me if the Battalion S2 was a bunch of pogue's, back in the day, I would surely answer yes. I just have a different outlook now in my "young" age.

Here would be a better response: Quartermaster wouldn't suit me because I wouldn't feel like my decisions were impacting the men on the ground. With my experience an Infantry, MI, or Medical (PA) officer would most likely appeal to my interests.

What do you think you would branc if you became an officer?
I believe in the above post that you did ask me a question.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
haz-mat
Ranger

Post by haz-mat »

Welcome to the site brother. Good luck with the future, hope it works out for you. I think I understand what you're saying about jobs on the outside, but do want to point out that although none of my employers have been particularly interested in my abilities with an M-60, all of my after Army jobs I have acquired because of being a Ranger (either directly or indirectly). Also none of these jobs relate in any way to combat (good thing too since I am one of those non-combat pogues earlier eluded to). Also want to let you know that with just my lil ole high school diploma I'm earning well above median income here in the states (and that in one of the lower income states). Anyway welcome again!

p.s. I know now that I'm just a non-combat pogue, but I did serve during the Clinton administration. Does that count for anything? I mean you gotta admit that was a pretty scary time!!
"Here dead lie we, because we did not choose
To live and shame the land from which we sprung..." --A. E. Housman

3/75 92-95; Charlie Rock
Ranger school class 9-93
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

For god sakes, I never said if you haven't been to combat your a pogue. Look at the post, I was responding to RGR Bill who said PL's arn't Pogue's because they die the most man for man. So I said, you can't rate pogue or non pogue's by the mortallity rate, because if that was the case then non-combat veterans would be pogue's. And I said that would make fuel truck drivers friggin hi-speed killers cause they drop like flies. Does anyone understand this, or is anyone else going to read half the thread then complain.
I, as well as everyone here can say, combat or no combat, Rgr Batt is tough and by no means "pogue", You didn't choose to join with the knowledge that Clinton was a war shy pussy and I didn't join with the knowledge that my president would go to war, for some made up reason. We were all Rangers or are Rangers for the same reason, to defend the policies of the United States, even if it means forcing it down people's throat.
The Rangers I'm envyious of are all those Panama Rangers, you know the guys who actually executed our mission, got the job done and went home. Now they got us doing these bullshit jumps on cold DZ's, and the officers are all pumped cause the got their "mustard stain". Today's Rangers are giving us an awesome reputation, because of their proven versitility, but it is just a shame that at the begining of the first war they treated us like a bunch of unworthy punks, until Roberts ridge.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

When you get inside the wire, we need to talk.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

5-Combat Deployments...that sounds like a lot
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

That's about average today brother, maybe even below average depending on how long it takes people to want a life.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I guess I'll chime in.

Welcome Brother!!!

Here is the bottom line:
You are being way too arrogant with the wrong arrogant crowd. No body here gives a rats ass how many fucking times youve seen: what, when and where!!

We just give a fuck about the fact that you chose to serve to defend our freedoms.

What it boils down to, especially with this crowd, is luck of the draw. Not any one of us that have seen combat, really want to see it again. I am not saying that anyone of us would'nt gladly lay our lives on the line again. That shouldn't even be a question. You should know better, Ranger!

I don't know if you realize it or not, and at this point, after reading the shit that you are saying, I really don't give a fuck.

If you came to compare the size of your dick, my money is on Bubba!

RLTW
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Oh, you mean Budha, well there are alot of posts, but why don't you try reading them all and completely if your going to talk shit. I agree with your comment about never wanting to go to combat after the first time, but I figured If I said something like that I would be bombarded with posts about sniveling (oh wait, I already did). Thanks for the welcome.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

reedycsu wrote:Oh, you mean Budha, well there are alot of posts, but why don't you try reading them all and completely if your going to talk shit. I agree with your comment about never wanting to go to combat after the first time, but I figured If I said something like that I would be bombarded with posts about sniveling (oh wait, I already did). Thanks for the welcome.
No, I mean Bubba(BTDT Ranger) who is a member of this site.

I am in no way talking shit. I read your posts and apparantly you didn't read mine, and it is only one. Re-read it.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Apparently I got off to a bad start, with a little help of some type-A replies. It's obvious that I have been trying to turn it around. Iv'e been through the whole cherry bitch thing in Batt. and I was under the impression this was a Veterans/Active forum. I greatly appreciate the helpful replies, but l'll just keep in mind the diversity of the group and the many ways people may respond. No disrespect intended, as stated before. Who isn't arrogant in these forums. Show me a Ranger that isn't arrogant, and I will show you a future RFS packet.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

reedycsu wrote:Apparently I got off to a bad start, with a little help of some type-A replies. It's obvious that I have been trying to turn it around. Iv'e been through the whole cherry bitch thing in Batt. and I was under the impression this was a Veterans/Active forum. I greatly appreciate the helpful replies, but l'll just keep in mind the diversity of the group and the many ways people may respond. No disrespect intended, as stated before. Who isn't arrogant in these forums. Show me a Ranger that isn't arrogant, and I will show you a future RFS packet.
Welcome home Ranger!!!!!!! 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Speedracer

Post by Speedracer »

Ranger i came in at 17 the day i hit the Bn was the day the hostages got taken... the real day the shit started.. the Army been changing ever since...i was told to be a good soldier you need to learn all you can, work hard at all task and help train other soldiers thru your stay.... If you think the Bn was hard wait until you see the other side of the army.....BL sounds to me like you need a break take some time off, you have done a good job in a short time,
there are jobs out there you just got to know who to talk to or ask you dont have to go SWAT or police thats your choice...it took me about 3-4 years but i got what i wanted...
in my eyes your statment dont fit:("I hate to break it to you young guys who joined after high school like me, but unless you have connections or plan on going to triple canopy or blackwater it might be in your best interest to STAY RANGER! HOOOAH, cause their isn't a job description with "master breacher" or or "jumpmaster" )

Why...cause I am the Post G3 Air Officer
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Yeah, I know what you mean. ROTC is probly worse than the otherside of the Army, I'm ready for some painful transitioning.

Congrats on your job, that is a good job to have. Rangers have the confidence and attitude to do whatever they want. Like someone posted earlier, employers like highering someone who strives to be the best.

I already said it somewhere, but I was just venting on my shortcommings upon ETS. Good Luck, and thanks.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

Return to “Introduction Archive”