Intro A-2 1/75 99-05

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

I'm not sure how the formation date of Blackwater is relevant? MPRI and DynCorp were around in 97 and they were hiring.

Here is what chaps my ass:

"I hate to break it to you young guys who joined after high school like me, but unless you have connections or plan on going to triple canopy or blackwater it might be in your best interest to STAY RANGER! HOOOAH, cause their isn't a job description with "master breacher" or or "jumpmaster"

This was your opening paragraph. I joined after high school, had no connections when I got out ( like many on this board) and things turned out just fine ( like many on this board). If we were sitting next to each other at the bar and you said the same thing, I'd debate it with you. You posted, I replied.

While you are obviously more up to date than I on current events in BN, that does not mean that many of us did not go through the same things on different levels during our time there. I don't think your up to date on the climate in the business world. You don't have to find a position that requires breaching or jump master duties. You simply have to apply the work ethic and discipline that was instilled in you while in BN and you can be successful. That being said, I'd encourage anyone to stay in, regardless of the amount of zeros I have in my bank account, I regret that I'm not 9 months from retirement.

You are also not the only one here to stay in the same company and platoon during their time in BN so no need to beat that drum.

We can agree to disagree on some things and drink beer later.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by Paladin »

Welcome Ranger
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

reedycsu wrote:SGM,
Your right about the money for motive comment, but the hardest speed bump I am facing is going to a leg unit and traveling through Baghdad 10 miles and hour with white lights on for a 2 year deployment.
No the hardest thing you will have to deal with...is the 50 to 60 Percent preformance....."Hey all gotta do is 60% on the PT test to pass ".
Then multiply that by entire units ...... your Tab and scroll will become a liability...."This isnt a Ranger BN" ...Or ... "We dont play that Ranger shit here" (had a CSM tell me that one once)

reedycsu wrote:But a more positive way to look at it is, Why were Rangers even created?-If I did go to an inf. unit, that would basically define what Rangers were meant to do. Learn to be "mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight"..."go further, faster, and fight harder..." put that in my kit bag and then take it to a conventional unit where they can learn to meet the same standards.
AHHHHHH the often quoted...but only implemented for the select few ....Abrams Charter.... Now you are reaching ALLLLL the way back into the 70's .....

I agree put it in your kit bag ...but understand MOST soldiers are not wired like Rangers, and they dont want to be....If they where then RIP would look like selection.
reedycsu wrote:So, many decisions to make, so many risks to take, Transportation to Infantry, we all share a common objective and we will all work together to achieve our goals. Any path I take, or am given will probly be the best for me.
Yep .... Just make sure you make the most informed choice you can make ... You have the potential to go far ....Just remember how you got there .... and remember .....as much as it will pain you to understand ...
Your initial time in the Army Spoiled you ....you started with one of the best units anywhere....with the best support ...with most talent...of any army in the world.

Not a bad thing, but it is a handycap when you enter the BIG Army. not one that is crippleing .....but one that will tap you on the right shoulder every day. Just to make you look down and remember.....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Lazy P
Ranger

Post by Lazy P »

The fact of the matter is that when you are dedicated and stubborn like Rangers, people want us, not for the skills the we already have, but for our leadership, determination and proficiency in the things we will learn. People know that American's are fucking lazy pieces of shit, bitching about this and about that. When people talk to Ranger that has gotten out, they detect confidence, determination and dominance even in casual conversation.

I have seen people with resumes longer than shit fail because they could not present a coherent idea and convince others of their point of view.

What you probably don't realize (because of the solid rank structure in Battalion) is that good leadership has more to do with respect AND confidence in that leader. When you exude the confidence that most Rangers exhibit, people will follow and people who want leaders are ALWAYS hiring. Just gotta use that determination and not say "fuck" so much. :shock: :D :D

oh ya, Welcome....again I think.
Bco 2/75 RGR, 1st Plt 4/96-10/98
HHC 2/75 RGR, BN Sniper Plt 10/98-12/00
RGR School Class 5-98--Recycle fog....

Ranger Buddy Tappen, you out there?
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Jurena,

Surely you can understand it was a general statement, but definitly an invitation for those who are currently out and successful to chim in and educate my ass. You know exactly what I mean though, Rangers get this idea that jobs will be thrown at them, when that is not at all the case. I wouldn't change my decision in a million years, hell it's all I have in my kit bag, but don't be suprised when you go from Squad Leader to unemployed, because it is a bad feeling.
Don't forget to acknowledge that I did say, Rangers always find a way to survive, If your not familiar with the Green to Gold program, I am currently considered a civilian. My wife was 8 months pregnent when I joined the program and to my disbelief they did not afford me any help with my medical or finances.
I felt very vunerable in my first months of being a civilian I just wished to share it with others so they don't have problems with Piss Poor Planing like me.
Thanks for the reply.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00
Getting hosed down by the local Police.

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

reedycsu wrote:I felt very vunerable in my first months of being a civilian I just wished to share it with others so they don't have problems with Piss Poor Planing like me.
Thanks for the reply.

AND that is why the forum exists ......for both DEPS and us .....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

I appologize for the F bomb, You couldn't be more right (Lazy P) I agree with you completly. When you are in Batt. you seem like an average joe, but when you get out, it's like you are surrounded by a bunch of people who are affraid to say hi, and would rather hide back in their turtle shells, then shake your hand.
Rangers are definitly made for success, I was just venting some of my shorcommings upon exiting the service. It is possible to mold you resume into whatever you want to be.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

SGM,
Why does the truth have to hurt so bad?
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

You did better than me than..I was re-enlisting every day for the first 12 months.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

I don't think you would want to hear my commemt on your triad, so I will keep quiet.
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

You didn't honestly think that after you signed that 11-X contract that in 4 years you would have the skills needed to get a great job did you? If that were the case why didn't you be a mechanic or even better be an electrician,computer repair, or weatherman ect. Those are the MOSes that give you absolute skills needed for a job in the civillian world. Now really be honest with with yourself and say that you chose infantry because you wanted to look cool in front of your friends just like everyone else here did. And now you are heart broken because everyone in the civillian world doesn't bow down to you because you are a veteran. Guess there are 26 million other vets in this world.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

reedycsu, in response to your question, I was commisioned Infantry after two years enlisted service. I had the privelage of serving as a Ranger PL and SF TL during a war in which more than 58,000 Americans made the ultiimate sacrifice including 42 from my unit. I've seen and spilled at least as much blood as you and so have a lot of other members of this site. But since I'm a FOG, read newspapers, and a pogue, none of that matters and it is my honor to be a small part in your intro thread.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Tater Nuts wrote:I had no choice but to leave (insulin dependant diabetes) 1/75 and the Army. while I miss my Rangering days I feel that I have had a succesful life. I think that the success comes to those whose mindset is "I am a Ranger" more than to those whose mindset is "I was a Ranger". Is this understandable, it's somewhat difficult to express through a keyboard.
Nope I get it ....99% of everyone here gets it....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Gee, as a guy without 6 combat tours, who left his Plt to go to the sniper section, and who is also from TN, I guess I will just sit my unworthy ass over here in the corner and keep my fucking mouth shut. :evil:

I think I will stop here for now until this is in the back rooms.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96

Return to “Introduction Archive”