Re-intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Swoff
Tadpole

Re-intro

Post by Swoff »

Hi, I have been a member at this forum for some time now. Due to the fact that I have been inactive I feel the need to introduce myself again.

My name is Frederik, I am 18 years old and live in Norway. I have just been drafted into the Norwegian Military and leave for boot camp in the summer of 2007 (The Norwegian form of DEP). My ship date hasn't been declared yet, but my first assignment is the Panserbattaljon (Armored Battalion) with the specialty training Stormtropp (Armored Assualt Infantry). My time in the military will be 12 months, give or take one month. I will make it the most memorable year of my life.

I am here to learn, learn, learn some more and stay under the radar. Any questions I will be happy to answer.

-Swoff (excuse my English, been a bit rusty).
Support our troops

Norwegian Navy Dive Command 2008-2009
RBL_M1A2Tanker
US Army Veteran

Post by RBL_M1A2Tanker »

Ahh...a panzer boy....of sorts :lol:
EvilCouch wrote: "CDAT? Coffin of Death, with A Turret?"

RBL_M1A2Tanker wrote: "I like that...when I die I want to have a turret on the coffin. I want people to trip over my big gun when I'm buried...till the grounds keepers get tired of mowing around it and cut it off with a hacksaw..."

SGT, US Army (Reserve)
A Co 1-8 Cav, 1st Cav 98-00
D Co 2/334/9/84th Inf Div (IT) 00-05
ETSed Sept 05
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Nice to see you again Swoff!!!! Best of luck!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome back. Glad to hear you're finally going to become a true Viking.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

Rangers Luna and EarthPig, thank you for your welcome. It is nice being back :wink:

US Army Veteran RBL_M1A2Tanker, thank you for the welcome. I will be the ones clearing the road/buildings ahead of armored vehicles. So you can call me a light edition of a tanker.

Right now I am working out with my brother who has spent two years as an airborne soldier and has now signed a three year contract as a recon soldier with the Army Intelligence Battalion. I hope to learn from him and the Veterans from this board.

-Swoff
Support our troops

Norwegian Navy Dive Command 2008-2009
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Welcome back and good luck.
It's all good.
RBL_M1A2Tanker
US Army Veteran

Post by RBL_M1A2Tanker »

Swoff wrote:US Army Veteran RBL_M1A2Tanker, thank you for the welcome. I will be the ones clearing the road/buildings ahead of armored vehicles. So you can call me a light edition of a tanker.
Works for me. :D

RBL_M1A2Tanker wrote: "I like that...when I die I want to have a turret on the coffin. I want people to trip over my big gun when I'm buried...till the grounds keepers get tired of mowing around it and cut it off with a hacksaw..."

SGT, US Army (Reserve)
ETSed Sept 05
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

There's no light version of a tanker!

Yeah, that was a fat joke. :lol:

I'm just messing with you guys.

Good luck, Swoff
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
RBL_M1A2Tanker
US Army Veteran

Post by RBL_M1A2Tanker »

EvilCouch wrote:There's no light version of a tanker!

Yeah, that was a fat joke. :lol:

I'm just messing with you guys.

Good luck, Swoff
I take "jokes" about tankers very seriously EvilCouch! If I wasn't stuck in my chair I'd leap through the monitor and kick your ass! :P :lol: :lol:

SGT, US Army (Reserve)
ETSed Sept 05
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

REF: re-intro (Norwegian Tanker DEP)

Post by CloakAndDagger »

RBL_M1A2Tanker wrote:
I take "jokes" about tankers very seriously EvilCouch! If I wasn't stuck in my chair I'd leap through the monitor and kick your ass! :P :lol: :lol:
Better fix it to Ranger EvilCouch before one of the Rangers pounces on you for it.
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

Dammit, didn't mean to burn you, RBL_M1A2Tanker--meant to hit PM...pushing...looks like there's no edit button anyway.

Anyway...re-Welcome, Swoff! Take my and RBL_M1A2Tanker's errors as lessons in Attention-to-Detail.
RBL_M1A2Tanker
US Army Veteran

Post by RBL_M1A2Tanker »

If I could edit I would, but let us put that misplaced word back where it belongs...

Ahem...

I take "jokes" about tankers very seriously Ranger EvilCouch! If I wasn't stuck in my chair I'd leap through the monitor and kick your ass! :twisted: :lol: :lol:

SGT, US Army (Reserve)
ETSed Sept 05
RBL_M1A2Tanker
US Army Veteran

Post by RBL_M1A2Tanker »

CloakAndDagger wrote:Dammit, didn't mean to burn you, RBL_M1A2Tanker--meant to hit PM...pushing...looks like there's no edit button anyway.

Anyway...re-Welcome, Swoff! Take my and RBL_M1A2Tanker's errors as lessons in Attention-to-Detail.
Nothing wrong with an on-the-spot correction. It was the right thing to do in the right place.

SGT, US Army (Reserve)
ETSed Sept 05
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

I generally prefer to be discreet when it's NCO to NCO (further ETS'd NCO to ETS'd NCO), especially if jr. troops, DEPs, or civilians are around. It's easy to make someone your personnal enemy if you embarrass them...a big NO-GO in the Intelligence Corps (and the CPs we're usually stuck servicing).

Even if though didn't offend you...I still deserved the pushups for being a dumbass and posting what I meant to be a PM. :D
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

welcome
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92

Return to “Introduction Archive”