Pvt Robert Howard

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rugger
Ranger

Post by Rugger »

His father is a stud and that goes without question. Lets hope his son does not have to live in the shadow of his father. Private Howard I wish you the best of luck...
A 3/75 86-88 Ranger Class 12-87
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

:shock: Jesus Christ, I remember reading up about Col. Howard on another forum a few years back. Struck me as a Badass's Badass. Sure am glad I dont have to walk Pvt Howards shoes, much happier being another nameless face. Best of luck to him though.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

"When in doubt ATTACK! Cause chaos, panic and confusion. Above all else SHOOT SOMETHING!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

It is tough being the son of a famous father. Over the years, I've known a number -- and did not envy them.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

"I admire him greatly for everything he's done," Howard said. "He just got back from Iraq and Afghanistan, where he talked to our soldiers over there. My dad's a hero. That's not my goal, though. I just want to be a good soldier."
Sounds like he is on his way to being a good Joe. Good head there.
"If you cannot accomplish great things, Accomplish small things in a great way"

"A Goal is a dream with a deadline"

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

http://thebayonet.com/stories/2006/072106/01.htm

I agree, it sounds like this kid has his head screwed on right and is little more mature. I hope he makes it.

My RS class picked up quite a few re-cycles in Florida, and among the ones my platoon picked up was one named Rudder, just happened to be the grandson. 2LT.

He was tall and skinny as a bean pole. Branched Infantry (go figure) after commissioning at A&M. He was a pretty goofy, ate up dude in my opinion. He sure wasn't shy about broadcasting his family tree.

I always wondered if that added any burden on the cadre. Having a famous Rangers offspring or relative in your class...or someone like Pat Tillman.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”