Speaking of the Darwin awards...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SouthernBlonde
Sister

Speaking of the Darwin awards...

Post by SouthernBlonde »

Ranger Invictus's post last week got me thinking about the Darwin awards...

Here are a couple of the winners from '05:

"Plug Me In"
2005 Darwin Award WINNER
Confirmed True by Darwin
(7 March 2005, Vietnam) Nguyen, 21, had been drinking with friends in Hanoi, when he pulled out an old detonator he had found. It was about six centimeters long and eight centimeters in diameter, with two wires hanging out. Because it was old and rusty, Nguyen said, it couldn't explode. His friends disagreed. To prove his point, Nguyen put the detonator in his mouth and asked his friend to plug the dangling wires into a 220-volt electrical receptacle. Turns out Nyugen was wrong! The victim had little time to reflect on his mistake, or on whether 220 volts alone could have been fatal.

According to police, "the explosion blew out his cheeks and smashed all his teeth." He died on the way to the hospital.

Chimney-Cleaning Grenade
2005 Darwin Award Winner
Confirmed True by Darwin
(13 January 2005, Croatia) One fateful afternoon, 55-year-old Marko retreated to his semi-detached workshop to make himself a tool for chimney cleaning. The chimney was too high for a simple broom to work, but if he could attach a brush to a chain and then weigh it down with something, that would do the trick. But what could he use as a weight? He happened to have the perfect object. It was heavy, yet compact. And best of all, it was made of metal, so he could weld it to the chain. He must have somehow overlooked the fact that it was also a hand grenade. Marko turned on his welding apparatus and began to create an arc between the chain and the grenade. As the metal heated up, the grenade exploded. The force of the explosion killed poor Marko instantly, blasting shrapnel through the walls of the shed and shattering the windshield of a Mercedes parked outside.

Marko's chimney was untouched, however.

Here's the website where you can view 'em all...hours of entertainment. Sure, it's rather sick entertainment but that's often the best kind :twisted:
http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Speaking of the Darwin awards...

Post by cams »

SouthernBlonde wrote:Ranger Invictus's post last week got me thinking about the Darwin awards...

Here are a couple of the winners from '05:

"Plug Me In"
2005 Darwin Award WINNER
Confirmed True by Darwin
(7 March 2005, Vietnam) Nguyen, 21, had been drinking with friends in Hanoi, when he pulled out an old detonator he had found. It was about six centimeters long and eight centimeters in diameter, with two wires hanging out. Because it was old and rusty, Nguyen said, it couldn't explode. His friends disagreed. To prove his point, Nguyen put the detonator in his mouth and asked his friend to plug the dangling wires into a 220-volt electrical receptacle. Turns out Nyugen was wrong! The victim had little time to reflect on his mistake, or on whether 220 volts alone could have been fatal.

According to police, "the explosion blew out his cheeks and smashed all his teeth." He died on the way to the hospital.

Chimney-Cleaning Grenade
2005 Darwin Award Winner
Confirmed True by Darwin
(13 January 2005, Croatia) One fateful afternoon, 55-year-old Marko retreated to his semi-detached workshop to make himself a tool for chimney cleaning. The chimney was too high for a simple broom to work, but if he could attach a brush to a chain and then weigh it down with something, that would do the trick. But what could he use as a weight? He happened to have the perfect object. It was heavy, yet compact. And best of all, it was made of metal, so he could weld it to the chain. He must have somehow overlooked the fact that it was also a hand grenade. Marko turned on his welding apparatus and began to create an arc between the chain and the grenade. As the metal heated up, the grenade exploded. The force of the explosion killed poor Marko instantly, blasting shrapnel through the walls of the shed and shattering the windshield of a Mercedes parked outside.

Marko's chimney was untouched, however.

Here's the website where you can view 'em all...hours of entertainment. Sure, it's rather sick entertainment but that's often the best kind :twisted:

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/

Ahh a woman after my own heart! Hey Blondie, you know that us sick bastards just crave 'sick entertainment' from women!! 'Specially pretty blonde women... 8) :wink:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Nice!

Good post Blonde from the south!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

as I read the first one, I thought for sure he was gonna stick it up his ass!
:oops: :lol:

good post
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
rum_snuggles

Post by rum_snuggles »

Thanks, SB. :) Now I've got something to read while I sit here doing nothing in class...wooo.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Excellent post! It's amazing many of these peolpe have lasted this long! :lol:
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

If they're gonna be stupid...why do they have to make such a mess? :D
SouthernBlonde
Sister

Post by SouthernBlonde »

Thank you, Rangers and ladies!

I'm so glad y'all enjoy the Darwin awards, too :lol:

Nice to have found a place where the sick side of my sense of humor is appreciated...even preferred :twisted: :wink:
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Thanks for sharing that maam, I never tire of the Darwin awards.
Bae
Embryo

Post by Bae »

You have to love natural selection. Sad thing is, I'm going to be on that list according my brother.
Nice post SouthernBlonde.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”