I need help

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
RedmenWrestler56
Infantryman

I need help

Post by RedmenWrestler56 »

Gentlemen, I have a problem

I recently enlisted into the Army Reserve as a 31 Bravo Military Policeman (which I only picked because it was the closest thing in the Reserve to Infantry) in order to attend college while being in the Army. After some thinking though, I have realized that college right now wouldn't be good for me at all becauseof two reasons: I am sure that I'm not ready to be enrolled into college and my financial situation won't allow it.

My question is this: Knowing that I have sworn in and signed a contract but haven't shipped yet or anything, would it be possible to go active duty and change my MOS to infantry, and maybe even attend airborne training and RIP. I have a 95 on the ASVAB and I can score a 300 on the Army PFT if that could help the situation at all.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Yes it would, but for the record I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO DEP LOSS.

In order to go from the USAR to Active duty you would have to be released by the Reserves.

Tell your Recruiter what you want to do, when you are positive you want to do it (not before) and he will get the ball rolling.

I'l give you a heads up, you going to piss some people off. The reserves takes DEP losses now so you're basically fucking the reserve recruiter and he will have to make you up plus find someone else to join.

Not telling you to worry about that, just putting it out for general knowledge.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
RedmenWrestler56
Infantryman

Post by RedmenWrestler56 »

I know that what I want to do, SFC Hit_It, and thats go Active Duty.

So to answer my other question, knowing now that I can go Active, would it be possible to renegotiate my contract in order to obtain infantry, airborne, and (hopefully) an option 40.

Granted you may have answered this in your first post, I just want to be sure before I talk to my recruiter.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

RedmenWrestler56 wrote:I know that what I want to do, SFC Hit_It, and thats go Active Duty.

So to answer my other question, knowing now that I can go Active, would it be possible to renegotiate my contract in order to obtain infantry, airborne, and (hopefully) an option 40.

Granted you may have answered this in your first post, I just want to be sure before I talk to my recruiter.
I answered your questions already, fucknuckle. Flutterkicks, Go.....
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SRT_MP
Embryo

Post by SRT_MP »

Do not join the MP corps. Especially as a rservist, if you like doing the fun shit you would like infantry better. I'm a gnats ass away from reclassing myself. A couple of things you need to learn are: learn to read what people write you, and attention to detail. Especially that last one or you will be sucking your whole Army career.

Return to “Recruitment Process”