Post by Earthpig »

***MOVED TO PROPER FORUM***
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

One way, that is a little remedial, is to sit the troublemaker down in a counseling session and lay out what is responsibilties and expectations are of him. Remember though that you will need to live up to and excede the expectations you lay out for him. Make him aware that the Plt Sgt will be reviewing the documentation.

Another way is to pull the individual outback and have an informal counseling session which would involve telling him directly that if he doesn't shape up some wall to wall counseling will be coming his way.

Still another option would be to put him to work. Put him incharge of field days and other simple duties. Give him responsibility. If he does a good job compliment him. If he does a bad job hold him accountable.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Read the quote in my signature line. Short and sweet.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

JarHedSolja wrote:Read the quote in my signature line. Short and sweet.

It's true.

But it just sounds so.......gay.

I like the punch em in the face lines better.
RSD 96-99
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

First off, I hope you are at least this scumbag's team leader.

Lead by example (show by doing)

Make sure you are "squared away" from top to bottom (starch & shine etc) and hold him to your standards. Every time he falls short, make him do it again until he gets it right. Even if it takes all day.

Physical pain is a motivator. P.T. his ass 2 to 3 times a day and smoke his ass (by doing everything better and not stopping until he quits). Continue this as needed.

2 of the biggest thing that snuffy hates to lose, Time and Money. Give shitbird lawful orders and hold him accountable when he fails. Follow through and give him extra duty, demotion, restricted to barracks etc. MAKE SURE that you are holding all of your direct reports just as accountable, but push this little fucker to the edge.

Again, YOUR standards need to be high, and you need to meet or beat your standards on a daily basis (P.T., physical appearance etc. )
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

I like the LastHardSapppers technique. Everyone understands getting skulldragged.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
CHCB
Ranger

Post by CHCB »

Bravo57 wrote:First off, I hope you are at least this scumbag's team leader.

Lead by example (show by doing)

Make sure you are "squared away" from top to bottom (starch & shine etc) and hold him to your standards. Every time he falls short, make him do it again until he gets it right. Even if it takes all day.

Physical pain is a motivator. P.T. his ass 2 to 3 times a day and smoke his ass (by doing everything better and not stopping until he quits). Continue this as needed.

2 of the biggest thing that snuffy hates to lose, Time and Money. Give shitbird lawful orders and hold him accountable when he fails. Follow through and give him extra duty, demotion, restricted to barracks etc. MAKE SURE that you are holding all of your direct reports just as accountable, but push this little fucker to the edge.

Again, YOUR standards need to be high, and you need to meet or beat your standards on a daily basis (P.T., physical appearance etc. )
I concur wholeheartedly.

Make sure the standards you provide are clearly stated, quantifiable,and attainable. There's a lot more work for you implied in that statement than meets the eye.

There's a lot more work in being a good leader than meets the eye, in general, by the way.
2nd PLT A co 1/75 78-80
Ranger Class 502-79
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Bravo57 was right on target. I strongly suggest you heed his advice not only in terms of getting your troops to fall in line. But also with yourself for I suspect you are not setting the proper example in some manner and your performance is as equally if not more important.

"Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile"

"Leadership rests not only upon ability, not only upon capacity; having the capacity to lead is not enough. The leader must be willing to use it. His leadership is then based on truth and character. There must be truth in the purpose and will power in the character"

The above two quotes were from Vince Lombardi and I agree with his opinion regarding Leadership.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

LastHardSapper wrote:
Goog wrote:Commo Fag, grow some balls and Punch the next person who disrespects you in the face. I bet they change their attitude about you.
This is a pretty good method in extreme circumstances. Three times in my career I've resorted to this extreme method of maintaining unit discipline. I've picked up a guy (sleeping beauty) by the bottom of of his sleeping bag and twirled him around against an oak tree until he understood what stand to was, this was in 1980 as a young SGT. As a PSG I've busted a guy upside the head with a series 200 lock who needed to learn to be where I told him to be at the appointed time and choked a guy out who didn't realize he wasn't supposed to raise his voice to his SQL. All were effective methods of reinforcement!
I was being sarcastic :?
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Bravo57 wrote: Lead by example (show by doing)
In all things, in your personal life, in each and every aspect of who you are, you will be challenged to live by this single examplar. I can think of no better single rule than to lead by example.
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Keep one thing in mind always-You cannot enforce a standard if you yourself cannot maintain that standard. Word. Out.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rakks_junkie

Post by rakks_junkie »

Commo guy PM inbound
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rakks_junkie wrote:Commo guy PM inbound