can I reclass and go to rip

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

joebobz
Egg

can I reclass and go to rip

Post by joebobz »

I am new to this sight so tell me if I missed a step I have been reading and searching for answers for hours but am deployed and don't have much time I will have been in the army 3 years when I get back can I still try to be in the ranger regiment? I will be an nco so are there better odds of going to ranger school first then becoming part of the regiment or should I latterally demote myself and then go to rip? I can go to ranger school when I get back to drum but I want to be in the regiment not just go to ranger school I have worked with rangers from the 2nd batt. in jan. of 05 in florida one of which I went to basic training with. I could not reclass sooner because I was and currently am locked into whats called a lifecycle unit. and could not reclass I have read that it is almost unheard of to get a reup contract for airborne AND rip but I still want to try. I'm surrounded by people telling me I picked the wrong job (I know) should have been inf. (I know).They say rangers are just another inf. unit and its stupid for me to think about cause its to late but that just makes me want it more. There is still hope to be in the ranger batt right? I hope its not to late. have you heard of a situation like this before? sorry for my really long post ANY help would be more than appreciated. I am honestly genuine I'm not just talking I want this so bad I can taste it. I have the heart,desire and physical ability to do it I just need to know that it really is possible thank you for your time and for answering stupid questions like mine.
2004-present fort drum NY
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: can I reclass and go to rip

Post by Earthpig »

joebobz wrote:I am new to this sight so tell me if I missed a step
Yes, you did. Please post an introduction in the appropriate forum before making another post. Gracias.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Haze324
Ranger

Post by Haze324 »

You need to call Ranger LNO at HRC command. Find the number to your branch manager or INF branch manager and have them give you his number. He can tell you if the Battalions are looking for guys in your rank, and what you will need for the reclass or perhaps come to a BN as a support guy.
RHQ - 04-05
HHC 1/75 - 01-04
2/504- 97-00

Class 10-03

Return to “Post Service Issues”