Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

justafurnaceman
Embryo

Introduction

Post by justafurnaceman »

Hi, my name is Josiah and I'm in the DEP program scheduled to leave 20060427 for FLW. I've been in the heating business for the past 6 yrs. and I'm excited about joining the Army. I've always been impressed with the Rangers and what they stand for.

I'm just going to lurk and browse the website and learn more about the Ranger program.
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Welcome. PM on the way. What kind of contract do you have?
justafurnaceman
Embryo

Thanks for the PM. I signed up as an 89D with a 4 yr. contract. I'm not sure if I want to (or able to) get into the Ranger program later but I would like to learn more about it.

I would like to do Airborne and Air Assault, and I'll go from there.
rangerrg_c75
LRRP/Ranger

Post by rangerrg_c75 »

:twisted: A couple more steps and he'll be in the Kill Zone!
Served: 1st Plt C/75 1969-71
MACV Recondo Aug '69
RS 6-78
C Co 2/75th 78-81 B Co/HHC 7th RTB 91-93 (Retired)
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

Welcome Tin Bender!
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome Duct Boy.

How about a little more info.

You know.

How old are you?

Where you from?

Have you been doing PT?

Yada, Yada, Yada!
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
justafurnaceman
Embryo

I'm 27 yrs old. from Western Maine. I wanted to make a career change and thought the Army would be a great place to be. I have a bro. and several cousins who are in so I thought that I would join them. My wife is a little nervous about the time that we're going to spend apart while in BCT and AIT but she knows that I really want to do this so she's backing me up. She's awesome.

I have to say my weakest point is my pushups (my max. right now is 40) and I need to get my lungs back into shape. I'm interested in the PT section that you have posted here in the Airborne and Ranger sections and I'll work on getting my numbers up before going off to BCT to make it easier on myself.

I don't know what else to say. I do some rock and ice climbing (I hope to keep that up while in). My baby is a '72 Harley Sportster that I've been working on (I'm really going to miss her).

You Rangers are awesome and this site is a great place for us civilians to learn more about you guys. Thanks for your great service.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

justafurnaceman wrote:I'm 27 yrs old. from Western Maine. I wanted to make a career change and thought the Army would be a great place to be. I have a bro. and several cousins who are in so I thought that I would join them. My wife is a little nervous about the time that we're going to spend apart while in BCT and AIT but she knows that I really want to do this so she's backing me up. She's awesome.

I have to say my weakest point is my pushups (my max. right now is 40) and I need to get my lungs back into shape. I'm interested in the PT section that you have posted here in the Airborne and Ranger sections and I'll work on getting my numbers up before going off to BCT to make it easier on myself.

I don't know what else to say. I do some rock and ice climbing (I hope to keep that up while in). My baby is a '72 Harley Sportster that I've been working on (I'm really going to miss her).

You Rangers are awesome and this site is a great place for us civilians to learn more about you guys. Thanks for your great service.
Your wife is nervous about AIT?

I guess you didn't tell her how dangerous the job you chose really is. :shock:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome and thanks for enlisting.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
justafurnaceman
Embryo

hit_it wrote:
justafurnaceman wrote:I'm 27 yrs old. from Western Maine. I wanted to make a career change and thought the Army would be a great place to be. I have a bro. and several cousins who are in so I thought that I would join them. My wife is a little nervous about the time that we're going to spend apart while in BCT and AIT but she knows that I really want to do this so she's backing me up. She's awesome.

Your wife is nervous about AIT?

I guess you didn't tell her how dangerous the job you chose really is. :shock:

After she found out that I can have a $400,000 life insurance policy on me she wasn't worried about me blowing myself up. :lol: We haven't gotten that far so I don't think that she's thinking of that yet. She's focusing on the seperation right now.
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Welcome
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

Mistake #1
Never tell a woman how much you are worth! Dead or alive!
Welcome dumb ass :lol:
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

justafurnaceman wrote: After she found out that I can have a $400,000 life insurance policy on me she wasn't worried about me blowing myself up. :lol: We haven't gotten that far so I don't think that she's thinking of that yet.
You think it's funny, but it entered your mind. That means it's no joke! TYou better get further real quick and before you have kids, let alone join the Army.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome and Good Luck.............
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !