Recruiter claims no Option 40 in 2006, or BS line.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
rakks_junkie

Post by rakks_junkie »

Bugsy wrote:Kid, don't do or sign jack shit until you hear back from SFC Hit_It 8)

As for you arock119.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! YOU DON'T KNOW JACK SHIT!!!

AS A MATTER OF FACT DROP FOR ACTING LIKE YOU DO!!!

arock119 , I agree with Ranger Bugsy. Push..let a senior NCo deal with this and well your not even in the army yet, so I would recommend you do what Ranger Bugsy said.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

According to my source.......

Option 40 is...................

Still available if the vacancies exist. DTG 051652L JAN

Side bar: Expect to wind up in the 82d if you fail out.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Sponge
Embryo

Post by Sponge »

Thank you SFC Hit_it.

I'll continue pursuing my contract. I quit the current recruiter since he tried to get me to fuck around with my SPEQ. Given short notice, I had compiled three names and only full contact information for one of those names as 7+ yr contacts at my residence. He massaged around with years and put down the address of some other guy's contacts despite my protesting and his saying it's okay and no biggie.

A "Recruiting Battalion Commander of the Northwest" Lieutenant Colonel called me up and we discussed the situation later that day. SF and Ranger tabbed...awesome guy on the phone. Told him the situation, he was pissed at the recruiter and he was told by a higher up there are no more new enlistee option 40 spots open for the rest of the FY. 3 months into the FY and no more O40's for the rest of the year? He didn't seem too happy about the answer he was given either but encouraged me to do 18X if I can't get O40 as a reasonable alternative.

Then, arock119 shoots mind bullets or some shit because that Kurt Schreiber guy calls me up out of the fucking blue, mentioned he heard about the SPEQ incident, mentioned he talked to Swanson, and they're going to check up the pipeline for openings and if not, I was encouraged to wait it out.

Doing my best. If there are no openings, then there are no openings.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Well, if the slots filled up for the year, there will still be vacancies when some people DEP LOSS.

Some people just will not ship to training. Proven fact.

If your recruiter has "point of sale" have him check for a slot every week for you. As long as he doesn't make any reservations on the system, he can look at vacancies all day. They aren't SUPPOSED to do that, but if he wants the contract...... :wink:

When the vacancies pops up (and it will) you'll be there to get it.

Of curse if he doesn't have point of sale, you have to play te MEPS wait game.

And it's EPSQ, not SPEQ. What the fuck is SPEQ anyway?

Enlisted Personell Security Questionaire
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Listen, and listen fucking good ...Sponge.

Don't you ever again refer to a fucking Lt Col by his last name again on this site.
Also, PERSEC dictates you should not have metioned his name at all but since you did...start knocking them out you disrespectful fuck.

Your fucking attitude sucks.

I don't fucking like you at all.

DEPs...get this cunt squared away.

Now.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

PM inbound Sponge.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Joseph PrettyDeepWater wrote:PM inbound Sponge.

~Joseph
Thank you.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

rakks_junkie wrote:
Bugsy wrote:Kid, don't do or sign jack shit until you hear back from SFC Hit_It 8)

As for you arock119.

arock119 , I agree with Ranger Bugsy. Push..let a senior NCo deal with this and well your not even in the army yet, so I would recommend you do what Ranger Bugsy said.
has one of the Rangers here given you lap-dog, yappie privledges to run around agreeing with everything we say? I must have missed the memo if they did.

YOU knock out 50 for straying into our lanes. we had this place under control just fine without your help. we'll probably be able to manage it if you stfu too...

thanks for your service, stay verticle, and focus on what you need to.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
rakks_junkie

Post by rakks_junkie »

Understood and wilco Ranger KW Driver. 50 knocked out.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

KW Driver wrote:
rakks_junkie wrote:

As for you arock119.

has one of the Rangers here given you lap-dog, yappie privledges to run around agreeing with everything we say? I must have missed the memo if they did.

YOU knock out 50 for straying into our lanes. we had this place under control just fine without your help. we'll probably be able to manage it if you stfu too...

thanks for your service, stay verticle, and focus on what you need to.
Sho Nuff........... :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
gpatmac
Ranger

Post by gpatmac »

hit_it wrote:Well, if the slots filled up for the year, there will still be vacancies when some people DEP LOSS.

Some people just will not ship to training. Proven fact.

If your recruiter has "point of sale" have him check for a slot every week for you. As long as he doesn't make any reservations on the system, he can look at vacancies all day. They aren't SUPPOSED to do that, but if he wants the contract...... :wink:

When the vacancies pops up (and it will) you'll be there to get it.

Of curse if he doesn't have point of sale, you have to play te MEPS wait game.

And it's EPSQ, not SPEQ. What the fuck is SPEQ anyway?

Enlisted Personell Security Questionaire
I had to ensure I had my facts straight before I responded. I'm no longer able to access "point of sale", and hadn't seen any messages come down from upon high, so I had to check with my station commanders.

Currently, there are no Option 40 slots available. I can only speak for my Brigade (the midwest) but I assume it to be the same everywhere. This isn't obviously permanent.

The same can be said about 18x, but I received an email that says if an applicant 'holds' out and will only accept the 18x option, they'll call the powers that be and should be able to secure it. I haven't heard anything like that for opt40, but the fact of the matter is, whether they have opt40 available or not, if that's what you want then don't settle for anything else. If it's not available THAT DAY, and you're willing to wait, then wait. It will come open again; probably soon.
4-17IN, 7th ID(L) - 1987-1991;2/327IN, 101st ID - 1997-2001; 2-5IN, 25th ID(L) - 2000-2004
Ranger Class 3/97,4/97,5/97(Grad)
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Thanks, sir.

Well gents, there it is for you from a current recruiting company commander.

My info was from 1st BDE. Maybe there was a current message put out since then.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
gpatmac
Ranger

Post by gpatmac »

I apologize. I haven't been able to check in here as often as I should.

I'll try to pop in at least weekly.
4-17IN, 7th ID(L) - 1987-1991;2/327IN, 101st ID - 1997-2001; 2-5IN, 25th ID(L) - 2000-2004
Ranger Class 3/97,4/97,5/97(Grad)

Return to “Recruitment Process”