wtf?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I wear them all the time, but do you think my wife gets turned on? Noooooooooooo!!! :evil: Must be faulty craftsmanship...
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
3/75 LandWarrior
Ranger

Post by 3/75 LandWarrior »

i gave one of my buddys a PT shirt to wear when he was in college but he never claimed to be a Ranger. when people asked him about it he told them that he had a buddy who was that gave him the shirt. So IMHO i see nothing wrong with someone supporting us by wearing some Ranger paraphonelia as long as they dont ever claim to be anything more than a fan. its when you find the guy wearing some Ranger stuff and you ask him about it and he tells you that he served and you find out his posing ass is lying that you should tear him apart and rip the items off his body.
service- AUG98- DEC02

DEC 1998- MAY 2001 3/75 C co. 3rd PLT

MAY 2001- DEC 2002 TSM-Soldier working on Land warrior, SEP, prototype weapons in PEO-soldier.
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

I see this sort of activity all the time. A few incidents in particular:

1. Driving through Ohio State campus I saw some kid walking down the street with a Marine alpha (Class A) jacket with CPL rank sewn on. Just the jacket. I almost rear-ended the guy in front of me because I was staring this person down contemplating whether or not I should stop and rough his ass up for wearing something he never earned.

2. In a crowded mall in Columbus. Some fuckstick with a shaved head was walking around in BDU's and jump boots. No nametapes, no rank/SSI/flag or anything sewn on. He was walking around with a few fat chicks so I decided to let him go about his way. If that's the only way he can prey upon larger women with self-esteem problems... well... more power to him.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I have something to admit. I wear 3rd ID T-shirts and pose as a Tanker...All I can say is I am sorry!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

When I was at Aberdeen Proving Grounds there was a private who went into the PX and bought butter bars and placed them on his uniform. He would wear them on the weekends saying he was on duty or visiting. Eventually he got caught and busted pretty hard.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Silverback wrote:I have something to admit. I wear 3rd ID T-shirts and pose as a Tanker...All I can say is I am sorry!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Silverback wrote:I have something to admit. I wear 3rd ID T-shirts and pose as a Tanker...All I can say is I am sorry!
"Hey"! :shock:

I was a Tanker Damn-it! :roll: (seriously I was when I was in the Guard.)

You low rent poser you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

hit_it wrote:
Towedjmpr wrote:I wore one when I was in high school. Does that count as posing?
Saw a guy at the mailbox who's 8 year old so was wearing his.

Is that wrong? :roll:

High school IMO crosses the threshold because you can understand the image you're conveying.

An 8 year old boy who's wearing Pop's T-shirt is definitely okay.
Both of my boys (11 and 13) have and love their Ranger t-shirts. My youngest asked about one with a tab before and I told him no way. When he asked why I explained they could wear their shirts by proxy since dad (me) earned the scroll, but since I never earned the tab they couldn't wear a shirt with the tab. That is until my youngest earns his own... :twisted:
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Bless you brother for your confession for I too am a poser. I pose like a respectable, law abiding yuppy prick on occasion and even speak nicely to people on the street. And when my wife is all boo-boo lipped about some inconsequential bullshit that I could give a rats ass about, I pretend to be a feeling husband who really cares. The truth is, I know when I do this Ill get laid. For these things.....I am deeply sorry. :roll:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Abell9 wrote:

Bless you brother for your confession for I too am a poser. I pose like a respectable, law abiding yuppy prick on occasion and even speak nicely to people on the street. And when my wife is all boo-boo lipped about some inconsequential bullshit that I could give a rats ass about, I pretend to be a feeling husband who really cares. The truth is, I know when I do this Ill get laid. For these things.....I am deeply sorry. :roll:
Alright damn-it!

Thats a double NO/GO.

Now your posing as a poser! :roll:

Thats low, thats real low! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Abell9 wrote:

Me too. Tough to admit, but it is the truth.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
66G_RN
Vet/ Ranger Wife/ Sister

Post by 66G_RN »

I was probably 18, shopping at the mall and saw one of my fellow cadets walking around in the mall in his BDUs looking like crap because he was about as wide as he was tall, hadn't shaved, hair was long, pant legs half way tucked into his boots, just seriously ate up. He had ABN and AA pinned on his BDUs and he was wearing a Green Beret - it looked like a button mushroom sitting on top of his head.

I was an MS-I cadet at the time, very shy and unsure of myself but I knew what he was doing was wrong. I'm mulling over what to do and just then, who do I see at the cigar store across the way but our BN SGM, who was SF. The poser is making the loop back around the mall and the SGM sees him and the ass chewing he got, right there in the middle of the mall, was priceless as was the smoking he got when he showed up at the BN the next day.
Army Nurse Corps 89-98

Return to “The Mosh Pit”