Introducing Smug

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

smug
Embryo

Introducing Smug

Post by smug »

Cheers!

Smug is my username. I am 26, finished with college, and currently employed as an electrical estimator. I am seriously considering enlisting in the US Army with a view to becomming a Ranger.

My thanks to the administrators for the time they give to this site and to all the BTDTs that offer precious advice.
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

CHEERS right back, Please take a few moments to read the rules/faq and select an apropriate avatar (newt).

you may get some flak for being a college kid, but don't try and engage in a battle of minds, these Ranger folk are a scary breed. :wink:
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

Hello, smug. :P
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
rbarrows
Embryo

Post by rbarrows »

Slantcha!

Welcome to the site
" Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind." Leonardo Da Vinci
I will NEVER quit!
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome. Read and heed.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Eggplant Von Pannell wrote:Hello, smug. :P

As Eggplant Von Pannell stated: Welcome Smug. Hope you find all you need here for any decisions you may be contemplating.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Welcome Smug!

Harris, do pushups, and wash that grin off your face!!
shit_can
Embryo

Post by shit_can »

Hello Smug, I am a fellow college puke. All that you seek can be found on this site. The Rangers are very helpfull as long as you dont bring any bullshit there way!

Shit_Can
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Welcome, SMUG....I have no idea what Harris is saying. I have found these guys to be very much in touch with their femine side, sympathetic, empathetic, and excellent cross dressers.....oh, sorry...I was thinkin abut the Marines. :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome aboard smug. You planning on going in as an officer or will you be enlisting?

RLTW
Bell
smug
Embryo

Post by smug »

Ranger Bell,

I intend to enlist so that I can obtain an Option 40 and secure a chance to pass RIP and serve in the 75th.

I have been told that it is possible to get OCS and Airborne School in one's contract, after which one would try to secure a spot in ROP. If I have my information correct, a 2LT would have to sucessfully lead a platoon in another unit before ROP. I have heard that the boys from West Point tend to dominate the selection (for billets in ROP) and that it is very competetive. I have not looked into whether it is possible to get ROP in one's contract, as I do not think my profile (College + OCS) would stand up to a West Pointer.

I assume this is a given since I am the FNG, but in case it is not, any advice is welcome.

Return to “Introduction Archive”