WAIT-A-MINUTE VINES

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Looon
Ranger

WAIT-A-MINUTE VINES

Post by Looon »

Slowly but surely, a memory pops in my head. :idea:

Those things sucked.

When I was a newbie, my gunner (myself an ammo bearer) told me to watch out for the wait-a-minute vines. I was like "what the fuck are you talking about?"

On my first movement, I thought this aint so bad. THEN........ WAIT-A-MINUTE :shock: .

From that moment on, the tri-pod on my ruck seemed to get grabbed by every vine around the Chatahoochi. :cry:

The memories. :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

It was really strange how they could seek out any protrusion and latch onto it. They'd find shit that you didn't even think was sticking out. They really loved my canteens and could do three wraps around one in the blink of an eye. :cry:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
PacLiteFAN
Ranger

Post by PacLiteFAN »

Speaking of favorite flora and fauna. I love picking thorns out of my legs for days after a trip to S. Rainier. Or watching the private hanging between two fallen trees suspended by the skedco on his ruck. Ahhhhhh, the good times we have in prehistoric dinosaur land. :cry:
Hardness training starts NOW!
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Black palm is definately not one of my favorites. I was constantly digging out the tips to avoid infection.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

One mission in RVN we stopped for a breather. I took my ruck off and put it frame down. I wanted to switch a canteen off the side pouch & my LBE. I noticed a twig with a few leafs wedged in under the flap of the canteen pouch. I'd seen that type leaf before and realized it was majaunia. It is so funny what you don't see when keeping a sharp eye out for the enemy. LOL. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”