Rangers Black Beret

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Castro
Embryo

Rangers Black Beret

Post by Castro »

I am just wondering why would the Army do that, that beret has been like a tradition for a very long time. Why can't they just use the khaki one. :evil:
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Since all the leg units have decided to change their covers from caps to berets, we can all assume that they just wish they were us. Still, they could have chosen another color other than black. :twisted:
jcfenner
Embryo

Black beret..

Post by jcfenner »

Jody,
Who wears a black beret for night ops anyway? I always wore a 'booney hat'. Who knows though, maybe I did it WRONG??? Anyway, I agree - the tan beret should have been issued to the legs! Even a camo beret to go with the BDU's would have made more sense. Who am I to question though... just another dumb 'ol ex-lrp/ranger I suppose :mrgreen: 8)
O/75th Ranger Reg (Abn) 69 RVN; B/75th Ranger Reg (Abn), Ft Carson '70-'72; F Co 51st Inf (LRP) Abn, '68-'69 RVN
Spartan

Freedom Beanies

Post by Spartan »

Note: They are not called 'Berets' anymore. They are to be called 'Freedom Beanies' from now on.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Freedom Beanies

Post by Earthpig »

pneves wrote:Note: They are not called 'Berets' anymore. They are to be called 'Freedom Beanies' from now on.
Either that or just pronounce it Barrett...that always pisses off the French.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RangerDC

DI????

Post by RangerDC »

UH, wrong branch there hooah! DI, Drill Instructor's are MARINES! The Army has Drill Sgt.'s

But I get what you meant.

Ranger_DC

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”