LAMS SITREP (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

DONT FUCKING QUIT.

and you will want to. Keep your head down and be the grey man.

Good luck
Last edited by rgrpuck on February 23rd, 2005, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Stickman
Tadpole

Post by Stickman »

Yes you will want to, but keep it up, you can do it. Remember although the smoking seems to last forever, hang with it and you will push through it. One little work of advice. KEEP THE BATHROOMS CLEAN. we got smoked for 4 hours because it wasn't clean enough. I think we lost 4 people during that 4 hours. One of my basic buddies had broken his arm and couldn't do pushups.. so he had to keep his arm out at hsi side for the whole time.

But what matters is that you don't quit!
A 2-505
C 1-506 Camp Greaves, S. Korea

Have you seen my keys to Area J?
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thanks for the SITREP LAMS. Never quit. Never quit.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Sure you're nervous! That's fine! Didn't you get nervous before every big football game? It's now or never....do you want to wear that Tan Beret? If so, go get it! Give 110% and then some, and never even look back. It's yours....you just have to take it. Lead the way!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Look kid, all it is one big smoking session. I'm not exactly sure how it is now, but when I went thru everything graded like roadmarches etc were to Army std, which you should be able to handle. Instructors don't expect you to carry yourself like you have been in Bn for a year. They are just making sure you can hang and prepare you for Bn. RIP was a smoker but the first couple of months in Bn are hell. My only advice is that if you can, get in the front at the road march if you are short, cause they always picked this long legged dude to lead the march and there was alot of the accordian effect.
The Tool
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

You've gotten excellent advise young stud. Tell yourself that you belong in the Rangers, that you are now just going through the process to make that happen. If you believe that inside your heart, you won't have to worry about not quiting cause "YOU CAN'T QUIT". I believe you WILL MAKE IT.

So get ready its mind over matter, even if you do mind, it still don't matter cause you CANNOT QUIT that just ain't an option (you get that part right in your mind, you'll be all right).

Good luck.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

If you weren't nervous I would say that you are a cocky fucker who is in for a rude awakening!! You know all about the smokings, they are legend, but they will not last forever!! What will last forever is the self pride you will have when you get to pin that scroll on and finally call yourself an AIRBORNE RANGER!! One more thing........ DONT FUCKING QUIT!!! We have had too many DEPs come on here and swear they wouldnt quit, only to let us down!! Be one of the few to make us proud!!!
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Dont' quit. And don't worry about your friends who fall out along the way. It sucks to see them leave, but get used to it.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

I don't remember who said it, but it is good....

Courage consists of holding out one moment longer.

Or marching fast for one more count of 100.

Or doing just one more [insert PT element here], and one more... just one. Eventually it will be the last one and you will have won.

The Rangers know this drill: Listen to them. Do not quit.

We are pulling for you!!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

No one wanted to quit RIP more than me. But I wanted that black beret and scroll much more than I wanted to quit! It's been said here before - if you quit you'll regret it the rest of your life! You'll always know you could have pushed just a little harder, lasted just a little longer...

DO NOT QUIT!!!

Ev
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Thanks for the update, remember we are all pulling for you!!!

You carry on no matter what are the obstacles. You simply refuse to give up - and, when the going gets tough, you get tougher. And, you win.
-Vince Lombardi, football
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior

Return to “Letters from School”